Thursday, March 10, 2011

First Fact about PWS

I have already not followed the study protocol! The plan was to start posting facts 3 days ago.  If this was a real study, we would need to report that Exposure to facts about PWS was not started as established by the study protocol.  These things happen in real research though.  Life happens.  We just have to do our best to follow our protocol and report any variations that occur in the process. That way the reader is aware of the possible circumstances that could effect our results.

I wish I had a great story to tell you of why I didn't blog.....Something exciting or at least relevant to my blog.  But I don't. It's just been a busy week and remember my first couple post? My main goal in life is happiness.  I kinda feel like the guy in this article published in the onion: Grown Adult actually expects to be happy.  So the last three days when I came home exhausted: sleep won!! I'm sorry.  Better late then never.

Fact number one:

Prader Willi Syndrome is a genetic disorder. We won't get too technical about it. Bottom line: part of chromosome 15 from the father of patients with PWS isn't expressed.



Portrait of Doña Eugenia Martínez Vallejo at age 6.   Painted by a Spanish baroque court painter: Juan Carreno de Miranda.  This painting done in 1680 displays classic characteristics of PWS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is stealing always a crime?