Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fact four: Hunger

He is hungry in that picture and he is still smiling! What's your excuse?
The free on line dictionary defines hunger as "the discomfort, weakness, or pain caused by a prolonged lack of food". Children with PWS feel this all day, everyday. The part of our brain that tells us we are full does not work.

The hunger is physiological and uncontrollable. So when Anonymous commented on one of my post: "you all ready have everything to be happy, you have that power to control and know when you are full and you know and you can stop eating, tell me is not that enough to be happy." Click on the link to read the complete comment.  I think he or she is right.

I'm going to bed tonight with out the feeling of hunger.  I am one of the lucky people that had the means to buy food today. The part of my brain that controls hunger was able to register that I ate and made that "discomfort" I had when I came home from work go away. Millions of children and adults are not that lucky. They will spend all day feeling hungry, either because they live in poverty or have PWS.  Click on the link for PWSA-USA below and learn how you can get involved and help us in finding a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is stealing always a crime?